Thursday, December 1, 2011

If my newborn is around someone with shingles what can happen?

I got shingles a week after my son was born. Nothing happened to him but I made sure not to touch them and if I did scartch them I washed my hands (immediatly) The doctors weren't concerned they said he still had my immune system so he probably wouldn't get chicken pox (the shingles is old chicken pox coming up to the surface along your nerves, someone who hasn't had the chicken pox could get it if they're in contact with the "puss" from the blisters) In fact I could still nurse even when they went around my shoulder and right over my . Let the person know that they should take the medicine... If not they will have it longer and and it will hurt longer. Good luck to you

No comments:

Post a Comment