Monday, November 28, 2011

I have a terrible situation with the DMV of California. Can someone offer me advice?

In Sept. 2006 a Beverly Hills cop gave me a ticket for not having a License Renewal Stamp on my license plate. I was told pay the ticket, get the DMV License Renewal, put the Stamp on my license plate & then go to the Bev. Hills Courthouse (L.A. Superior Court) & show them proof of all this. I did all of the above BUT I forgot to go to the Courthouse and show them proof of Renewal. Today I got a letter from a collection agency (for the L.A. Superior Court) that I now owe $806! I called these people & was told I had to appear before a judge Feb. 4th, that my license was probably revoked, a warrant is out for my arrest, & that I cannot drive legally until I see the judge! I'm terrified - I'm a low paid temp office worker with adult ADD & I really did forget to go to the Courthouse. Yes, it's my fault but... Is there ANY way to lower the $806 penalty? Can I reinstate my license before my hearing (I have to drive to go to work). And the warrant for arrest? What can I do? Please advise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment